Goods must always be shipped through customs before they can be imported into or exported from a non-EU country. Certain formalities, guidelines, and restrictions must be observed. We at TBN are always here for you to ensure you don’t make a mistake or forget anything during the process, so you can concentrate solely on your main business. This helps you avoid lost time and money while managing your resources well.
Customs Import Regulations
Not all goods from non-EU countries such as the USA, Russia, Japan, or China can be imported into Germany. There are certain restrictions or prohibitions in place for specific nations, goods, or persons. Taxes and customs fees may also be incurred on customs imports from a non-EU country. You will also need to register for a specific customs process in advance to ensure you can import your goods in accordance with the law.
You have various options for doing so. At TBN, we can help you select the right process and handle all the formalities for you. Relax and leave your customs process in our capable hands.
Requirements for Imports From non-EU Countries
- Observe restrictions and prohibitions
- Pay taxes owed
- Customs process formalities
- Consider legal regulations
To be noted for imports
- Goods may not be imported from a country with which trade is prohibited. Restrictions must be observed.
- Imports of certain groups of goods is fully prohibited or restricted. Find out whether your goods fall under these categories.
- Register your customs import for a customs process.
- Find out what taxes you’ll need to pay
Customs Export Regulations
Would you like to export goods to a non-EU country like Japan, Russia, or the USA? Then there are some regulations and formalities you’ll need to take into consideration; these may lead to restrictions or taxes. In general, due to economic provisions or environmental and health regulations it is not possible to export all goods from Germany.
There are certain prohibitions that need to be taken into account. If you don’t face any restrictions, you will still need to process your exported goods through a specific customs process.
Requirements for exports to non-EU countries
To be noted for exports
- There are certain restrictions and prohibitions that apply some groups of goods and countries. These must be taken into consideration in advance.
- Goods are delivered to an export process before customs export to a non-EU country. In some cases, export duties, VAT, and/or consumption tax may be charged.
- You will need an EORI number (number for registering and identifying economic agents) for your customs process.
- Learn about the different export procedures from a customs agency or the responsible customs office.
Through our door-to-door service with warehousing, customs clearance, loading and tracking; you do not have to worry about anything.
With comprehensive storage space around the world, TNB logistics can offer an individually full service for your logistics.